As technology continues to pick up the pace, the demand for talented coders and programmers is on the rise. Moreover, it has been reported that the majority of kids today show interest in computers by the age of 3 years. As a result, computer learning classes for junior-school students has become the new normal.
Here are the top 10 reasons why every child should learn to code:
- Coding is one of the most in-demand skills in the world right now.
- Coding is extremely technical. However, when a kid learns how to code, working with complex algorithms will build his/her problem-solving skills.
- Coding may be complex but it promotes creativity too. Coders are highly creative individuals.
- Coding invariably causes kids to have an improved understanding of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and physics, calculus and trigonometry (at advanced levels).
- Putting your child in a coding class, he/she will get used to having a carrot stick mindset – which means that he/she will become trained to think that if they concentrate and stay focused on what’s being taught, they will make few mistakes in what they are doing.
- Coding teaches your kid to be confident. Every time they succeed in solving a problem or construct a new algorithm, the kids’ confidence will get a major boost.
- Like any language, when a kid learns coding while he/she is young, their ability to absorb it will be faster.
- Teaching your kid how to code from a young age enables him/her to identify a career path in the field of computers and IT.
- Helps promote career readiness
- Coding is fun!